The rural innovation camps have been success stories. In 2013, a set of five regional innovation camps was carried out in rural areas in Finland. A sum-up seminar wrapped up the results in Helsinki on 3 December 2013. Innovation camps were organised in the regions of Kainuu and Oulu, Forssa region, Lapland, North and Central Carelia, and in Southeastern Finland. The results and experiences from these camps were disseminated to five new innovation camps.
A set of five new innovation camps are to be organised in 2014:
- 17-19 March 2014, innovation camp for the Swedish-speaking Finland in Parainen
- 1-3 April 2014, Central Ostrobothnia and Oulu region in a joint innovation camp in Siikajoki
- May 2014, innovation camp in Pohjois-Savo region (dates and place tba)
- 10-12 June 2014, South Ostrobothnia and Ostrobothnia in a joint innovation camp (place tba)
- 9-11 September 2014, Satawakka innovation camp in Kuuskajaskari island